Saturday, April 14, 2012

DIY FRIDAY

7 Layer Rainbow Cake 
 
Ingredients:

- 3 boxes of white cake mix
- 9 eggs
- Oil
- Water
- Food coloring
- Unsweetened bakers chocolate
- Cream cheese
- Milk
- Salt
- Powdered sugar


Step One: Coloring The Cake
Mix cake accordingly to boxes. I did one box at a time and divided the batter in half adding color to batter as I went. I colored the batter in the same order as a rainbow. This way I could start stacking the layers as I went. The more food coloring you add the darker the cake layers will turn.



Step Two: Chocolate Cream Cheese Frosting
1 (3 oz.) pkg. cream cheese
3 tbsp. milk
2 c. sifted powdered sugar
Salt
2 oz. unsweetened chocolate
Soften cheese in milk. Add sugar (1 cup at a time), blending after each addition. Add melted chocolate and salt. Beat until smooth. Frost cake. I doubled the recipe in order to frost the entire cake.
Enjoy!



Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment